You heard it right! You can win a free trip to Las Vegas, Nevada sponsored by Karaoke Charlie and Company!
Read on for all of the important details.
- First Place Grand Prize: Free Trip to Las Vegas, Nevada!
Includes airfare and hotel accommodations for a 4-day and 3-night stay in
Las Vegas. Trip to take place in June 2001.
Estimated Retail Value = $1000!
- Second Place: $200 Cash
- Third Place: $100 Cash
- Qualifier Prize: A Free Karaoke Swim Party.
Party to include swimming, karaoke, volley ball, horseshoes, and badminton. Food and Drinks will
be included! Party to take place in June 2001.
How it works:
- Sing once to be entered
Beginning on Wednesday, August 2nd, 2000 and continuing every Wednesday night up through November 1st, 2000
The Crystal Lounge and Restaurant (Days Inn Towson)
8801 Loch Raven Blvd.
Towson, MD 21286
and enter to sing one song when you come out to the show.
Make sure to tell Karaoke Charlie and Company you want that song to be entered into the Vegas contest to be judged. After you sing,
points will be awarded for your performance that night from 2 judges and by audience applause. You can score a maximum of 99 points
for your performance. Points will be kept in a contest log and results posted on the Karaoke Charlie Website.
- Compete every Wednesday to increase points!
After you have competed once, you'll keep your points and can continue to add to them by
coming out on any Wednesday night during the time period the contest is
running and competing again. Once you have accumulated at least 250 points you'll be a qualifier! Qualifiers
will automatically win the Qualifier prize.
Compete each Wednesday for the best chance of being eligible to compete in the finals and possibly winning the trip to Vegas!
- Get Bonus points for Attendance!
Increase your score by attending Karaoke Charlie shows at any of the following clubs during the run of the contest:
- Sunday at the Hunters Lodge Stone Cellar
- Wednesday at the Crystal Restaurant and Lounge
- Friday at the Old Mill Tavern in Dundalk
- 4th Saturday Monthly at JR's Bar and Grill
You'll earn one point for every complete hour you are present up to a total of 4 points per night! That means you could accumulate a maximum of
12 points a week!
- Top Eight Qualifiers will Compete in the Finals
The top eight (8) individuals who accumulated the most points will be qualified to compete in the Finals on November 8th, 2000.
The winner of the finals will get an additional 300 points to add to their total score. With 2nd place getting
200 points and 3rd place getting 100 points.
- The person who accumulates the most points wins the trip to Las Vegas!
It is as simple as that! This means the people who attend all the shows, compete as many weeks as possible, and get to compete at the finals
will have the best chance of winning the trip or the 2nd and 3rd prizes. So come out to the shows and compete!
You've gotta sing to win!
Additional Rules and Details:
- To be a contestant you must be 21 years of age or older.
- Contest will run from August 2, 2000 and continue every Wednesday night up through November 1, 2000
for a total of 14 weeks. Singing contest to taking place at the Crystal Lounge and Restaurant (Days Inn Towson),
8801 Loch Raven Blvd., Towson, MD 21286.
- Finals will take place on November 8, 2000.
- Contestants must sing in at least one Wednesday singing contest in order to become a qualifier.
- Contestants may sing in as many Wednesday singing contest as they wish, but only one song contest entry per Wednesday.
- Contestants may choose any song (other than songs containing extreme profanity) available in the Karaoke Charlie song book, but may not sing the same song twice during the 14 weeks of the contest.
- Contestants will be allowed to look at the Karaoke monitor during their performance.
- Persons competing in any singing contest must perform as a solo. No duets or groups can compete. Only individual contestants.
- Points in the singing contest will be awarded as follows:
- Up to 33 points from Judge #1
- Up to 33 points from Judge #2
- Up to 33 points based on audience applause and cheering. Points to be determined based on Decibel volume achieved on sound
- Points Judges may award for any one contestant will be awarded in the following manner:
- Up to 11 points for overall quality of voice during performance.
- Up to 11 points for sounding like the original artist who performed the song.
- Up to 11 points for accuracy. (Singing the correct words exactly when they light up on the Karaoke monitor.)
- Dance and presentation (clothing etc.) will not be considered by the judges.
- Bonus Points will only be awarded for each full hour of attendance only at the specified Karaoke Charlie shows.
- Maximum possible number of Bonus points you may earn is 160 assuming full attendance on each of the specified nights during
the run of the contest.
- The maximum number of points that may be accumulated is 1546 not including points to be awarded during the finals.
- Top eight point earners will be eligible to compete in the finals.
- In the event that there is a tie for the eighth position the tying individual(s) will also be eligible to compete in the finals.
- Scoring process during the finals will be the same as the scoring rules used in the contest. However points will
only be awarded to the top three individuals achieving the highest scores during the Finals competition with points awarded as follows:
- 300 points awarded to the singer with the highest score.
- 200 points awarded to the singer with the second highest score.
- 100 points awarded to the singer with the third highest score.
- Winning the 1st place in the finals does not necessarily guarantee that you will win the Grand Prize.
- 1st Place Grand Prize will only be awarded to the individual with the highest total number of points accumulated.
- 2nd Place prize will only be awarded to the individual with the second highest total number of points accumulated.
- 3rd Place prize will only be awarded to the individual with the highest total number of points accumulated.
- Qualifier prize will only be awarded to all individuals who accumulated 250 points or more.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winners will also be awarded the Qualifier prize.
- In the event there is a tie of total number of points, a sing off will take place using the same scoring guidelines as used
in the regular contest. With the highest score winning the prize in question.
- Qualifier Prize does not include hard liquor.
- Third Place Prize award is $100 Cash.
- Second Place Prize award is $200 Cash.
- Grand prize is a free trip to Las Vegas, Nevada for one. The trip includes airfare and hotel accommodations for a 4-day and 3-night stay in
Las Vegas. Trip to take place in June 2001.
Estimated Retail Value = $1000.
- Additional costs beyond the airplane ticket and prepaid hotel room stay are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize award winner.
- Grand prize is not exchangeable for cash and is non-transferable.
- Grand prize Hotel accommodation is a double occupancy, however airfare will only be paid for the winning individual.
- Karaoke Charlie and Company can not be held accountable or liable for losses, stolen property or accidents, or acts of god that occur during the
Grand prize trip to Las Vegas or as a result of the Grand prize trip to Las Vegas.
- Acceptance of the Grand prize constitutes acceptance by the Grand prize award winner to indemnify and hold harmless
Karaoke Charlie and Company and any of its employees or representatives from any problems or losses that may arise as a result of
travel to Las Vegas and/or stay in Hotel furnished in Grand Prize trip to Las Vegas.
- Karaoke Charlie and Company and its appointed contest Judges reserve the right to modify the rules at any time during the contest.